Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Tough Time for a Type A

Time is just ticking away. I started packing some things last night. I get real fretful about my stuff when I go somewhere. I'll make a list and go over it again and again and again. Then I'll start getting all the things together and pack and unpack and repack. I'll look at everything and talk to myself and put it in piles and then put it in different piles. Travel preparation is definitely one of my OCD's finest hours. Anyway, I'm slowly getting all my things together. I realized that my gels have to go in the little quart baggie thing. That definitely takes up some space, but I think I've got it all crammed in there and left enough room for my saline, shampoo and my beloved hand sanitizer (or 'hanitizer' as Cooper calls it).

I think I just have one more little trip-related errand to do and pick up a memory card for my camera. And I have to continue to finalize the kids' camp schedule for next week - who is picking up which kid, where and when....it's so complicated, it's spreadsheet worthy....

Soooo, mix all that up with my multitude of emotions (excited, nervous, scared, anxious, happy, teary, fired up, worked up) ... and I'm a potential wreck.

I am just so thankful for all the support and encouragement that everybody has given me during these last few months. And now your excitement for me too. It's just special and I'm forever grateful. After all, you've been going through all this with me. You *should* be excited!! {{hugs}}

A friend at work made a little sign for my office door. It has the Rock 'N Roll logo and June 1, 2008 and says "Angie Whitfield #19847". (Thanks P.T.!)

I read this little passage in an introduction to a book that I'm taking with me. While my book is a "compelling and original suspense thriller" and has "masterful suspense and explosive twists of fate" (according to the back cover), the excerpt is actually from a children's book titled "No Matter What". It is a conversation between Large Fox and little baby Small Fox. Basically Small is asking about the unconditionality, limits and endurance of parental love. When I read it, it just reminded me about how Daddy is still here with us. And how he will be with me especially on Sunday. Watching and cheering and helping and pushing me along. I'm actually not sure what it has to do with anything (especially my book)....It just reminded me of Dad and I felt like they were sweet and comforting thoughts. And I wanted to just share them with you, my faithful readers!



Small said, "But what about when we are dead and gone, will you love me then, does love go on?"


Large held Small snug as they looked out at the night, at the moon in the dark and the stars shining bright. "Small, look at the stars, how they shine and glow, some of the stars died a long time ago. Still they shine in the evening skies, for you see, Small, love like starlight never dies..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right. Dad may be gone from us physically, but he will be forever in our hearts.
Love is forever - just like God's love is never ending. How comforting is that!!!

Abby said...

Congratulations on your journey so far and Good Luck on race day! I'll be rooting for you...from Wisconsin!