Friday, May 2, 2008

On the radar today


This picture really has nothing to do with anything. I just thought it was sweet.


On the radar for the next 24 hours.....


1. Rain. Of course. It's Memphis in May Music Fest. It always rains at least one day. Supposed to be pretty severe this afternoon. However, I have been assured that tomorrow morning at 7am, "the rain will be gone and we'll have temps in the mid 50s to lower 60s." (Thanks Ron. Only 3 more personalized forecasts for me and then you're done.)


2. 14 miles. George asked me to put together a route for us for tomorrow. I gave him my attempt. He suggested the Hills of Walnut Grove Lake. I personally hate hills. So does my IT band. So I didn't include that in the route. As coach, he has veto power. We'll see.....

I am certain that the 14 miles is doable. I read more last night about Left Brain and Right Brain and lots of 'mental mantras'. So I will work on that again tomorrow. Right Brain got me through 16 miles last Saturday. And this is only 14. (Did I just say "ONLY 14" ?!?)



3.
Carbo loading, hydrating, stretching, and rolling. Just need to do all I can today to make tomorrow's run a good one. Need to get a good night's rest. Tricky since everybody wants to stay up late on Friday night.

4. Gear. I bought some more gel yesterday, so I'm set. I also ordered some new running shorts and they are expected to arrive today. That could be a nice mental boost for me tomorrow - my new little shorts. My iPod. I heart that thing. I added some more songs last night and I am really diggin' my current playlist. He's all charged up and ready to go.

That's all for now. THINK FOURTEEN!!!! Enjoy your Friday!

No comments: