Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Starting the To-Do's

The ol' leggies got pretty tight and achey last night and I just became totally exhausted. I put the kids on 'auto pilot' and was in bed asleep by 8pm. Feeling better today. Just a little achey today. But, still overall the recovery from the 20 wasn't as bad as I had expected. I took today as a rest day and thoroughly enjoyed the extra hour of sleep.


Mentally I feel like I've made it over a huge hurdle. The next (i.e. LAST!) two runs are very doable. I just want to get them out of the way and head on to San Diego.



I'm starting to think about things I need to take and everything I need to do before I leave. We fly out 2 weeks from this Friday. Not only do I have my own to-do list, but I have to make sure my kids (and Jodi) are all taken care of too before I head out. Overall, just lots to do. I have started my packing list which will continue to be a work in progress until the minute I leave.



I've printed a picture of Daddy that Jodi is going to laminate for me. I want to pin it to my TNT jersey and wear it during the race. I may change photos. But I do really like this one - it was taken at the beach. Good times there. It's the same one I've got on the front page of the blog. I just added some words that sum it all up for me......






Only 18 days until the marathon!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I may not say it as much as you need to hear it but, I REALLY AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!