Thursday, May 8, 2008

The homestretch is in sight

Rested today. My legs are still feeling a little weird. Especially my shinny shin shin. Can't figure out what's up with that. Will probably rest again tomorrow to get ready for Saturday's biggie.

I don't question the fact that I will finish the 20. I just wonder how it will play out. If I can get in a good groove with my walk breaks, especially early on, I should have enough steam to make it the whole distance. Plus, it's just going to take me forever. Depending on a lot of things - my pace, the route, the amount of walking, the heat, etc - it could take up to 5 hours. I'll just load up on the gels and water, make sure my iPod is fully charged, and take off. I know I can do this. It is just a wee bit intimidating. But I can see the homestretch now.

Have a good day everybody!

Think Twenty!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Instead of dragging liquid (heavy!) you should try a device called AquaJoe which is designed for athletes to carry/dispense powder (light!). It's ideal for situations where you have access to clean water. There is a video of it on www.aquajoe.com