Saturday, May 24, 2008

Some friend....

Dear Weather Man (who shall remain nameless):

I know it wasn't all your fault. And I'm not going to blame you for the whole thing. But WHAT ON EARTH WERE YOU THINKING THIS MORNING BETWEEN 7 AM AND 9AM?!?!?!? It was so incredibly hot and humid. It was just brutal. I know you said something meterological like 'warm and muggy conditions' this holiday weekend. But good grief. It. Was. Hot. And I thought you were my friend...

I was sooo hot. I was *dripping* with sweat. I was sweating in places I didn't even know I could sweat. I was sweating so much that my earbuds wouldn't even stay in my ears.

Now, part of the problem, I admit, is my own fault. At the last minute this morning, I changed from a little tank to my TNT shirt. Mistake #1. I had not really had any water this morning or enough last night. Mistake #2. I chose not to wear my hydration belt since it was just 8 miles and I knew I had water waiting for me at mile 4. Mistake #3. So you see, part of my misery was my own fault. But that 80 degree temp at 8 AM and that 75% humidy. That's all you. And I guess when you factor those in together to get the infamous "heat index", that calculated to be something like 127 degrees. In the shade. In fact, if I had carried my cell phone, I would have called you at home and given you the big what for. Don't think that I didn't consider it at about mile 6.

Now, I knew that this weekend was going to be warm. It is almost June, so that's normal for Memphis. I'm ok with that. And you did tell me and all your faithful viewers that. But I thought that since it was 7 o'clock in the morning, that *surely* it wouldn't feel like I was already in Tijuana....and I didn't expect that 127 degree heat index. Or at least that's what it felt like to me.

So, thanks for a brutally ugly 8 mile run this morning.

You know I love ya' -- we've been friends for over 20 years. But this morning you really just weren't one of my favorite people. I'll be over this later today and will be seeking your forgiveness and your friendlier forecasts. Maybe you can make it up to me with a great forecast for me for San Diego next Sunday.

Your friend and fan,
Angie

No comments: