Thursday, May 22, 2008

Randomness

Hard to believe that this time next week, I'll be packing and repacking and packing and repacking and getting ready to leave the next day.

I got a "Final Event Update" from the marathon with yet more race info. Here are a few tidbits from that email:



There are more than 100 Running Elvi registered to participate in the marathon. What a riot.




They will post live results on the race website that day so you can totally check on me during the race! I'll check it out and post the info later on how you can do that. It should show updates at the 5K, 10K, 10 mile, 13.1 mile, 20 mile and of course FINISH.

The race (or highlights or something) is going to air on FSN on Saturday, June 14. Check your local listings....

I did a little run/walk on the treadmill today. It was fine. Hilareous to me that I do not like running on the treadmill. Remember how hard it was for me to break up with him? I *loved* him. My how times have changed.

I'm having a few little twinges in my shin and am really wondering what's going on with that. My IT band has been trying to rear it's ugly head this week too. And I am *not* allowing that to happen. So I'm stretching a lot and continuing to roll on Mr. Foamy. Same drills..... I've made it this far, I can't fall apart just yet. But man, my feet and legs sometimes just kill me. I told some coworkers the other day that my feet are just so done with me. They don't even want to be a part of my body anymore. But I just need them to hold on 10 more days.....

We're scheduled for 8 miles on Saturday. Sounds like nothing doesn't it? Compared to 20, it's really not! That will be our last official group run. I'm really REALLY REALLY ready to get my Saturdays back. So is my family. Jodi has been beyond great holding down the fort every Saturday since January. I told him to think of it like a 'half day, 20 week hunting season'.....No seriously, he's been so supportive and made it possible for me to 'check out' for a good part of the last 20 Saturdays....Thanks Captain!

I'm trying to complete my list of things to do and things to take. Time is getting short. I can feel myself getting ready to start getting nervous and fretful....


No comments: