Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Race Week Is Here!!

Can you believe it?! I only have three days before I head to San Diego. I know the week will fly, especially since today is a Tuesday that feels like a Monday. I've still got quite a bit to do before Friday.

On Sunday, you can track my progress by going to the marathon website. It's www.rnrmarathon.com My times will be recorded at the 5k, 10k, 10-mile, 13.1 mile and 20 mile marks with updates to the LiveResults site every 60 seconds. Not sure how it will be set up. But you will probably have to enter my name or my race number (#19847). And don't forget the time difference. San Diego is on Pacific Time so that's 2 hours behind us here in Memphis. I hope you can check it out on Sunday.

I also saw this on the website: For the first time this year, NBCSandiego.com is providing "Finish Line Cam On-Demand." Visit www.nbcsandiego.com after the race and see yourself cross the finish line! And if that's not scary, I don't know what is.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, you keep saying you will be the last one to finish - if that is the case, we should have no problem seeing you - you will have the camera to youself - ha. You will do excellent - remember there is someone watching over you and running with you.
ILY

Anonymous said...

Oh dear - surely I won't be the LAST one to finish out of 30,000 runners! But if I am, that IS just extra media coverage for me!!! I'm all about some good press...

And yes, Daddy will be running right along with me. May be a bit easier for him - he has wings.....

Anonymous said...

You will be thankful for those wings - if you get down wind from him, his wings just might help you along. What am I thinking!!? He always was helping and encouraging everyone along, especially his family. Just put in some special steps for him. And when you feel the wind on your back, that is him behind you. Most of the time he was leading, sometimes he was pushing, but he was always there for all of us.
ily