Friday, May 16, 2008

Thank you to my sponsors

Memphis is buzzing this weekend with the Memphis in May Barbecue Contest. Used to be my cup of tea, but now large crowds make me twitch. The weather for the weekend, however, looks great. In fact, this is the best forecast I've seen in a long time. Can you believe no rain in sight for days? Will be nice. We'll definitely be spending lots of time outside.


Tomorrow is 12 miles. Quite doable. And it feels a bit different heading into it. No pressure. No angst. No worries. It's still a LONG run. But nothing compared to last week .... We are definitely in the home stretch. Two weeks from right now, I'll be on a plane to San Diego (by way of Minneapolis). And my mind is whirling already with thoughts of the race -- what I need to pack, things I need to do, etc.

Remember my three goals that I set when I began this journey? (1) To FINISH the marathon, (2) to REMEMBER my daddy, and (3) to raise MONEY and AWARENESS for the leukemia society. I think I'm well on my way to accomplishing #1. I know that through this process I have thought about my dad so much and I hope I have helped you remember him too (goal #2). And, you all have helped me achieve goal #3. My fundraising total is $4,176! I'm so, so, SO excited about that. THANK YOU!!! I'm just so grateful and appreciative of your generosity. And I've said this many times, but I just really want you to know that you are
making a difference and your gifts are helping find a cure for leukemia and other blood cancers. So, THANK YOU to all my generous sponsors. Muuuah!

Angie A.

Cindy A.

Todd & Cindy A.

Dr. Frederick A.

Kent & Jennifer B.

Carol B.

Darrell & Emily B.

Jeff B.

Carolyn C.

Julia C.

Barry & Cheryl C.

Ron C.

Matt C.

Janet C.

Sally C.

Anne & Allen C.

Anna Mae & Howard D.

Nanette F.

Dean & Sherri F.

Gayle & Al F.

Sue H.

Debby & Paul H.

Kenny H.

Cindy H.

Chris & Angela H.

Nancy H.

Neil & Lois H.

Judy H.

Curtis & Tamora J.

Dr. Robert J.

Carol K.

Tim L.

Marlene L.

Justin L.

Dr. David L.

Kelly L.

Eddie & Judy L.

Barbara M.

Molly M.

Connie & Ty M.

Bob & Pat O.

Tom & Arlene O.

Kelly & Sean P.

Allisa R.

Wendy R.

Dr. Jeffrey S.

Shannon S.

Jason & Valerie S.

Patrick T.

John & Ann T.

Maribeth & Harry T.

Patti T.

Rebecca T.

John V.

Gwen W.

Sherrill W.

No comments: