Saturday, May 10, 2008

20 miles -- here I come!

Here is our route for today. We're starting this blue route on the first map. We begin right at the top middle of the lake. Completion of that route will give us 15 miles.
Then we're running the red trail here - Tour de Wolf Trail for the additional 5 miles. George says it's uneven terrain which will help strengthen our feet, ankles and other leg muscles.

These maps are a bit hard to read. The bottom one is actually the north part of the top one. If that makes sense....You can make out Walnut Grove and Germantown Parkway on both of them.

I slept ok last night. Was awake off and on. Gauge had some 'doggie surgery' yesterday and is wearing a fashionable lampshade so he won't mess with the stitches. He kept banging into the bed and furniture all night..... Poor guy.

OK, am getting ready to head out shortly. Skies look cloudy, but nothing is showing up on the radar. Current temp is 64 with 80% humidity. May not need sunglasses today. Or sunscreen either. I'm trying a bandana rather than a hat - last week my head got so hot. We'll see how that goes.

I'm stopping by the post office on the way to mail my last few donation checks. My total is $4,176! Isn't that awesome! Thanks to you all!!!
Well, wish me luck. I'll fill you in later today. If I have the strength to type.....

TWENTY MILES!!!

No comments: