Thursday, March 6, 2008

What's on my mind tonight






1. So are we going to get snow or not? At this point you could have the forecast of your choosing since there are about eight different ones out there. Anywhere from just lots of cold rain to 6 inches of snow. Wonder how it will play out. (Dad's cousin Tom lives in New Hampshire. He calls a forecast of 6 inches of snow 'finally spring'. Don't laugh at the Southerners Tom! There probably isn't a loaf of bread to be found right now....)

2. My legs have been flaring up yesterday and today. Especially the left one. I've continued my exercises, ice, anti-inflams, etc. I just wish it would quit. They are not as bad as they were that week that I had to give up my 9 mile group run. So that's slight improvement I guess.

3. I've read tons of stuff on the internet about periostitis (inflammation of lining of bone), medial tibial stress syndrome (shin splints), etc. They all kind of say the same thing. Not sure what I keep looking for. It all pretty much describes what's going on with me. I'm hoping it doesn't progress to a stress fracture. Doesn't seem to be that at this point. I need to find the balance of continuing to run without overdoing it and causing more serious injury.

4. I was supposed to run 3 miles today. Didn't. I hope that by taking it a bit easier this week I can make it through my 8 miles on Saturday. Or if it snows, I'll have to do this alone on Sunday.


5. Cooper is taking Jodi for Show and Tell tomorrow. I had to make sure that it was ok to bring humans as it's usually a truck or harmonica or Spider Man or something.....

6. I am *NOT* running in the snow on Saturday. Sorry George. Yak Traks or not. No thanks. I would definitely end up with a fracture of some sort if I even attempted that.

7. Tomorrow morning I am definitely doing one of the stability ball exercise DVDs. It's a scheduled off day, but I took advantage of that today.

8. I am really sad that Brett Favre retired. I heart him.

9. I told Jodi last night that I guess this pain would stick around until I finally quit all this. He said "Quit what? You're a runner now." Hmmmmmm.

10. Jodi and I are officially registered for the Germantown Half Marathon. No turning back now. Our names are on the participants list.... YIKES! And that's one week from Sunday. 13.1 miles.

11. See #1.

4 comments:

From down the hall said...

Love the blog!

Let it snow...

Anonymous said...

thanks - very nice to hear from you Down the Hall!

Unknown said...

"Tom lives in New Hampshire. He calls a forecast of 6 inches of snow 'finally spring'." I'm trying to imagine 6 inches of snow without a single snowplow around... not a pretty picture. Good luck with it. Hope you survive. Tom

Anonymous said...

What's a snowplow?