Saturday, March 29, 2008

Pain and Rain

Today's run:
8 miles not 10.
Knee HURT.
Rain.
Cold.


That about sums it up. My knee really decided not to participate so I walked most of the last two. And then really couldn't go the additional two. It's hurting pretty bad this afternoon. I'm going to get out the foam roller and see if I can roll out some of the tightness that I'm sure is causing this pain in the first place. (The roller is kind of neat. Jodi got it a few months ago. You just roll on it over the muscle. Feels good...eventually.)





I'm a bit discouraged by today's run. I trudged along. Made decent time. But then at the end, my knee just really hurt to run. I could walk with very little pain. So I did that. And I've just got to be ok with that. I have to realize that I haven't done any long runs since the G'town Half two weeks ago. So 8 miles is still pretty good. I guess.....

Lindy hung with me today. She was patient as I trotted along. She has a very gentle spirit. She ran the Phoenix Rock 'N Roll Marathon and later found out she had a stress fracture in her foot. She's recovered now and is training for San Diego. She has a *real* reason to be doing this. She is a leukemia survivor. She had CML and received 2 bone marrow transplants from her brother. Her 2nd transplant was ten years ago this April 15. She's doing great now. It was an inspiration to run with her today.

After the run, I went to Cooper's t-ball game. How entertaining that was! Cooper was so excited -- he loves baseball. But the kids were so funny. It was still freezing and damp at the game and I really couldn't get home and get in the tub quick enough. Then I took a little nap while I listened to the rain and watched "Ferris Buehler's Day Off". Nice restful afternoon.

Now, let's talk TIGERS. This is an AP story from FoxSports:

Memphis makes mincemeat of Michigan State--
Pity those poor, vulnerable Memphis Tigers. You know, the ones who just made mincemeat out of yet another team that was supposed to end their stay in the NCAA tournament. This time, they took it out on Michigan State, embarrassing yet again all those naysayers who suggested Memphis was the most suspect of the top seeds in this year's NCAA tournament. The final score Friday night: Memphis 92, Michigan State 74, but really, it was worse than that.


FINALLY a little R-E-S-P-E-C-T. The first half last night was some of the best basketball I've ever seen. The Tigers looked great. We were up by 30 at the half! If we continue to play like we did last night, we're headed all the way!!!



No comments: