Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Let's Rock 'N Roll!

Progress I guess if the only things that are hurting this morning are my calves, ankles and achilles.....Still pretty tight. oooooowwwwww. That is really only a small percentage of my body now..... It is looking like my knees are deciding to rejoin the rest of us. George said there would be pain 2-3 days after the race. Today is day 3. Can't wait til tomorrow.




After Sunday's half marathon, I've been reading a bit more about what the Rock 'N Roll Marathon is like. It is going to be *HUGE* and fun! Here are some neat things I found out:




  • This year will be the 11th annual race.


  • Over 20,000 runners are expected (Germantown Half had 700)


  • About half of these participants are running their first marathon (that's me!)


  • Over 4,000 of them are members of a Team in Training (hey, that's me too!)


  • Fifty percent of the runners are female (well what do you know...)


  • There is a live band at every mile and there are themed water stops.


  • You can register to run as part of the "Running Elvi" and dress up like Elvis. They are trying to set a world's record this year and already have 50 signed up. (Jodi thinks I should do this...)


  • In ten years, the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society has raised over $125.1 million at the RNR Marathon. This year alone they expect to raise $12 million.


I hope you will go to the Rock 'N Roll Marathon website and watch the video on the right hand side of the home page. It's only about 3 minutes, but you will definitely get a feel of what the race is all about. Make sure and notice of all the purple tank tops ("racing singlets") -- those are Team in Training members. Go Team!


Only 74 more days!! I am already feeling nervous and excited. I can't wait to be a part of it. I cannot imagine the feeling of accomplishment that I will have when I'm finished. I also cannot imagine the pain I will have... ugh. But I continue to remind myself every single day why I am doing all of this. And you know what? I think he would be real proud of me....




















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I commend your perseverance. I think someone slipped in my house overnight and reset my timer on my treadmill to "reverse". I thought 35 minutes would never roll over.
ily