Monday, March 31, 2008

T-I-G-E-R-S --- TIGERS!!!!






I am still beyond excited about the Tigers win! FINAL FOUR!!!! Sports pundits are enjoying some free throw crow this morning after we shot 83.5% from the line. Here are some headlines:


  • Memphis Hammers Texas
  • Memphis Thumps Texas
  • Memphis Athletes Overwhelm Texas
  • Memphis Dishes Out a Big 'I Told You So' (my fave)
  • Memphis Blows Past Texas
  • Memphis Routs Texas
  • They're GRRRRREAT! (another fave)


One little recap from Sports Illustrated.com:

The Memphis Tigers will finally get over the hump and advance to the Final Four under the direction of John Calipari. They have been knocking at the door for a few years now, winning over 30 games, entering the tournament as 1 & 2 seeds, but this year they have broken through with an impressive victory over Texas. They received excellent performances from their key players and even managed to shoot 30-36 at the free throw line. If they continue this level of play through next weekend, they'll be as tough an out as any of the remaining foes - when they're rolling, they can truly get loose. Though often doubted, caveated, and explained away, there is a reason Memphis leaves this game with a record of 37-1.


First time ever that all #1 seeds made it to the Final Four. I'm so glad we are one of them!!! It's a good day to be a TIGER!!! GO TIGERS!!!


Now, let's talk running. I wasn't sure the weather would cooperate with me this morning, so my original plan was the treadmill. But after a quick radar check, it looked ok so I headed outside. I put in 2.5 miles. NO PAIN! Some tightness in my achilles, but that's ok. I took it slow with some 4/2 intervals and it felt pretty good. I'm feeling good about this morning. Especially since there was no flare up with my knee. I stretched a lot yesterday, so that obviously helped. I feel good today. I'm very glad!








No comments: