Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Is it really 4am?

I did consider it progress when I got out of bed this morning and didn't make any grunting, groaning, or crying noises. I'm better today. Don't get me wrong - I can still feel every bit of the 13.1 miles....but it's better.

I went out for a 2 mile walk that was supposed to be a 3 mile run. There were two attempts to run. Unsuccessful. So I just walked. And didn't feel guilty about it one bit. Felt good to just walk and try to get my legs to agree to be a part of my body again. Apparently we are still negotiating. I think they are still undecided. They don't hurt anymore, just a little tight and sore. It was 70 degrees this morning - can you believe that? Very nice. I wore shorts and a tshirt. No gloves, no hat, no layers. Very very pleasant.

Shortly after I got off my street, things just got weird. First a truck passed me. Then (are you ready for this?) there were 2 people in their driveway! Real, live people. Looked as if it had been some kind of 'sleepover'....Anyway, I told them how nice it was to see PEOPLE at 4 o'clock in the morning and they were the first ones I had seen in the three months I had done this. THEN, I saw a woman in her backyard letting her dog out. Where on earth did all these people come from?! I was starting to wonder if I had not set my alarm right and it was actually 6 o'clock in the morning....


When I walking down the block in front of my house, I was charged by a DOG. Where did HE come from? I don't even think I've ever seen a dog at that house. (Jodi, it's the house with the nice boat - do they have a big mean dog?) Nonetheless, he was not happy at all that I was walking in front of his house. He flew to the end of the driveway then came up behind me. I never looked at him but kept on walking. There was one little nano-second where I thought he really might have had my legs for breakfast. But then he made a few little surrendering woofs and went back up to his house. Apparently all bark and no bite. Thank goodness.

So enough about today's walk, let's talk Tigers. They are the #1 seed in the south and #2 overall. I love this time of year. I love MARCH MADNESS! Time to get those brackets filled out. Definitely a tough road ahead for us if you look at the bracket but boy are they on fire right now. We are guaranteed some great basketball. Some good potential and tough match-ups. Digger Phelps said AGAIN last night that he thinks the Tigers will go all the way. All! The! Way! GO TIGERS!!!!



Progress made:
I think I can walk today without people saying "Are you ok?"
I am at 67% of my fundraising goal. Yippee!
I do want to run again. Yesterday I did not want to ever run again.

Need to work on:
Final negotiations with my legs to have them rejoin the rest of us.
Get update letter out to my current contributors and my hopefully soon to be contributors.

No comments: