Friday, March 14, 2008

My mind has already started the race



50 thoughts going on in my head right now about Sunday's half-marathon......




1. I'm excited.


2. I'm nervous.


3. What if I can't finish?


4. What if I'm last?


5. Somebody has to be last.


6. Jodi assures me I won't be last.


7. Maybe I should put a tag on my shirt for the GPD "Mrs. Captain Whitfield"


8. I ran 10 miles and did that. This is only 3 more.


9. I felt like I was gonna' die after running 10. This is 3 more.


10. What am I going to wear?


11. I need something with a pocket for my gels.


12. I need to charge my iPod.


13. I need to charge Jodi's iPod.


14. I hope Jodi feels better (he has an upper respiratory infection).


15. He's afraid I might beat him if he doesn't feel better.


16. Wouldn't that be funny?


17. What will my time be?


18. I hope I can finish faster than 3:30.


19. Think I could do it in 3:00?


20. Will my legs hold up?


21. Hope my calves don't flare up.


22. Weather is supposed to be nice. 40's at start time. Winds 5-10mph from the north.


23. I have bugged Ron Childers all week about the forecast. He is nice to tolerate me.


24. He said "This is what you have trained for."


25. Have I trained for this?


26. It doesn't really seem like I'm *training*


27. This is half of what I will do in June. YIKES!


28. I need to take a camera for post-race pics.


29. Everybody has been excited for me and wishing me luck and stuff. Nice.


30. Why are my calves burning a little bit this morning?


31. I wore higher heels yesterday.


32. Mistake.


33. Go get the ice.


34. What am I going to eat today and tomorrow to 'carbo-load'?


35. Surely I won't be T.H.E. L.A.S.T. to finish.


36. I'll be ok with that if I am.


37. No I won't.


38. I wonder if Mom & the kids will see me on their way to church?


39. I need to stretch today and tomorrow.


40. 48 hours from right now, I'll be running.


41. I'm glad it's not going to be too warm or raining.


42. I *cannot* forget my chapstick.


43. My playlist on my iPod is 5.8 hours.


44. At least I won't listen to it all the way through.


45. See #10.


46. What if I can't sleep on Saturday night?


47. I never thought I would run a half-marathon before I ran my marathon.


48. I'M RUNNING A HALF-MARATHON ON SUNDAY!!!


49. See #2.


50. See #1.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If we?? or you?? are lucky, we will see you going to church and coming home, too. Hope I don't hit you looking for you ha -----
ily