Thursday, February 21, 2008

Yes, it's some 'itis'

Nanette said she thought I needed to let one of our doctors take a look at the 'point tender' spot on my leg. Kind of scared me because I really didn't want them to find anything. Ignorance is bliss. But it was also painful. I saw Dr. Azar this afternoon (He's the team doc for the Grizzlies.) and he agreed with Nanette. Just some major inflammation. He didn't think an xray or MRI would be beneficial right now. And I should just watch it and not push myself beyond what it feels like what I can do. So, again, I'm very thankful it's not a stress fracture. I'll settle for some 'itis'. They both agreed I shouldn't run on Saturday if I'm not up to it. But I could at least walk my 9 miles. We'll see how it is.

It did seem that as today went on, I didn't have as much pain as I have been having. So maybe there is some small improvement. Maybe my cortisone bionic patch is working. I hope so. I get another one tomorrow and Nanette said I should get three more next week.

I'm so thankful - and lucky - that I have these orthopaedic resources available to me. I can just go down to PT or knock on Dr. Azar's door and get help. How great is that.

(Hey, I made it through a whole post without saying GO TIGERS!)

No comments: