Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Game Plan

So George the Coach emails last night to see how the 6 miles was. I explained how we did the reverse race and that I only got 3.82 miles in and I was concerned because I thought next Saturday's 7 miles would be challenging. (I still can't believe I said I was a bit disappointed that I didn't RUN SIX MILES -- what's wrong with me!?!?!?) He suggested to change up the game plan a bit and either do a 3+3 this week (3 miles in the AM and 3 miles in the PM on the same day) or, if I was "up to it, a nice gentle 6 miler all at once" today. And then tomorrow would be an off day.

So.....

I put in my six miles this afternoon. Whew! That's a long run. It was a bit over 90 minutes. I did it on the treadmill while I watched "The Game Plan" with the kids. (Looking at Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson for 90 minutes did help a little bit with my motivation!)

Anyway, that's a 6-miler for me. I believe that's almost the equivalent of a 10k. It's 4:00pm and I could go to bed right now.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

6 miles---wow. How are your shins/calves? The reverse run on Sat. sounded pretty neat. In the pecking order I may about your #10 fan...but I'm behind you all the way!!

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you Bing!