Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Bionic Woman




LOVED that show when I was a kid. Jaime Sommers and Steve Austin. The perfect bionic couple. Lindsay Wagner was so pretty. And Lee Majors was beyond handsome. Connie even had the Bionic Woman doll - her rubber skin rolled up to show her bionics.






Well, The Bionic Woman doesn't have anything on me. Check this out.
I finally acknowledged that my shin/calf pain was a bit more than "oh my calves hurt because I've been running". There was a specific place that hurt pretty bad to the touch. So, I went down to see Nanette in PT and she said it was probably an "itis of the peroneous something or other" which basically means inflammation of the leg muscle. So she gets this patch thing that uses a small electronic current to put cortisone directly into the sore spot on my leg. I am to wear it for three hours and then take it off. It even has a little green light which will turn red when my time is up.

She wants me to rest tomorrow and get another patch. Run on Thursday. Rest Friday (which was already scheduled) and get another patch. Then do my long run on Saturday.

I'm very thankful that this is just some inflammation and not any kind of a stress fracture. I google too much.....But I think I had ignored it long enough and then realized that this could lead to something a lot worse that could end my marathon running career before it ever got going. (insert laugh here)

Jaime Sommer's bionics gave her amplified hearing, a greatly strengthened right arm, and enhanced legs, enabling her to run faster than a speeding car. I can't wait to see how I turn out after my electronic patch.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved my bionic woman doll...but remember, when we packed her up and put her in the attic...found her months later...her "skin" had melted. See, bionics are not always better!!! Watch out for that patch!

Anonymous said...

I don't remember the Bionic Woman, but I am sure that you will at least have "enhanced legs" by the end of this training! :)

Anonymous said...

good thing you shaved your legs!!

Anonymous said...

If I hadn't done it already, it was kind of like a wax peel when I pulled it off. YOWZER! one...two....THREE! OUCH!