Thursday, February 7, 2008

Silence is not golden

First, GO TIGERS!!! Andre Allen (my fave) was on FIIII-YAAAAA last night! A career high 19 points for him. Another win. A little off-court drama, a bad attitude, and the flu didn't stop the Tigers from chalking up a victory. 22-0. Actual verbs used in the sports columns this morning about our win: smacks, rolls over, blasts, and romps. GO TIGERS!

It was cold this morning. 31 degrees. Back to the layers, hat, gloves. Despite some tight calves, I was able to push through the miles with a combination of running and walking. Maybe a bit more walking than running. But again, it was movement. My real issue came at about .25 miles into the run. I was enjoying "Steady As She Goes", a nice little ditty by The Raconteurs, when my Nano just quit. Silence. Nothing. Dead battery. I have not, apparently, charged my little Nano in some time. So I completed my assignment listening to nothing except my feet, my breathing, and the occasional airplane. I really missed all my musical friends and Nike Voice Man this morning.

Progress made:
Able to run a bit more this morning.

Lesson learned:
Charge the iPod.

Need to work on:
Get last batch of fundraising letters mailed out today.

No comments: