Sunday, February 24, 2008

It will all be OK

The day after.....

I think I can finally talk about the Tiger game without crying. Tough loss. I'm just sad they lost. At home. To Tennessee. I'm sure we'll plummet in the polls. The media loves to hate us. Guess the loss had to come sometime. Maybe I'm glad it came now during regular season than later during the tourny. I hope there's a #1 seed in our future. Although that does add much more pressure. Oh the stress of it all! Can't wait for March Madness to begin - truly the *best* time of the sports year. GO TIGERS!

Thanks to all who commented or emailed or called or just gave me some encouragement yesterday while I was D-O-W-N about not running. I think I did work through that disappointment and am seeing the importance of the decision. Just a small detour early on is better than a major derailment later. I do want to complete this training and FINISH THE MARATHON so bad. I realized just how bad yesterday. Plus, Daddy would really give me the what for if I continued to try to run while I'm messed up. I don't want to let anybody - especially him - down during this quest.

The good news is that I THINK my legs may be some better. I alternated ice with heat last night and again today. And I've switched over to Alleve. Maybe the combination of those things (along with the laying off) has given me some improvement. I am not feeling the constant burning and pain today. Only an occasional twinge of ouchness. That is a first for me in about a week. Maybe I'm turning a corner here... I hope so!

I'm thinking I'll need to alter my training schedule again this week. I'll have to take a look. I'll get some pilates in tomorrow and Tuesday. Maybe a little walking and then maybe by Wednesday or Thursday, I could put in a mile or so to see how I'm feeling. I think I'm scheduled for 10 on Saturday. Wonder how that will play out. I will just take it slow. And be ok with that.

On another note, I read a few blogs of other runners - most of them are a bit more seasoned than me. Some are TNT members too. But I get a lot of info and advice by just reading their stories. I found one blog belonging to Roxie in NY. She is devoted TNT runner who lost a dear friend to Lymphoma. She is now training for her third marathon. (She ran San Diego in 2007!) I made a comment on her blog Friday about how I had discovered her blog, was struggling with some injury, why I was doing TNT, etc. She, in turn, replied with a nice encouraging comment. I was reading her post today where she detailed her 16 mile run yesterday (WOW!). She listed the things that kept her going during the last stretch of her run. One thing was "a comment from a reader (thanks angie!)". That made me feel really good. Then I started thinking that while I was feeling all sorry for myself yesterday morning, I was actually encouraging somebody at that exact time. And that was a nice feeling and helped me check out of my pity party.

So see.....it will ALL be OK.

No comments: