Tuesday, February 5, 2008

It's all about the accessories

Thought I'd share a picture of my fancy new running shoes. It's hard to see, but there are little flames on the sides of the shoe. I thought that might make me go faster. Or at least give the appearance of going faster. Maybe it's a new nickname for me. Like Flaming Feet or Feet Afire or something like that. What was the name of that running movie - Chariots of Fire? Hmmmm.

Still some pain in my legs - even today, which is an off day. I did Pilates this morning, so maybe that stretching will help. I'm a bit bummed, because I had bought a 2 DVD set - one was lower body and one was abs. So this morning, I'm thinking I'll try the one for abs. But it was the same DVD as the lower body one - the 'Push your way through thick molasses' one.... So now I have two of those. Will need to return that set I guess. In the meantime, I've become pretty adept at what Polly Pilates is trying to get me to do.



I also got a neat little gadget the other day to "add instant visibility". It's a 2-piece thing with a strong magnet - so the blinking part goes on the outside of your jacket or shirt and the back goes on the inside. And then the little LED light just blinks so cars will see you while you are running in the dark. I used this yesterday for the first time. And was sadly reminded again that there are no cars at 4 in the morning.....

1 comment:

con said...

If I ever wake up that early and decide to come looking for you, I will easily be able to find you with your blinker!! (Or, I could just listen for the Commodores!)
"Good on 'ya" for running in the rain...you are a "true runner" now!!!