Monday, February 11, 2008

If the shoe fits, it's too small

I have discovered that my fancy new running shoes are too small. Actually they fit. Which means they are too small. I did not know that running shoes really need to be a size bigger than your normal daily dress shoe. Your toes need extra space to spread out as you run. Plus, after you run longer distances, your feet swell. I found this out yesterday after putting in my 6 miles when my poor piggies were crying. I went back to Breakaway in Germantown today and they fitted me in a larger shoe. The guy, Brian, was super nice and he exchanged my shoes with no problems. I told him that I appreciated his doing that for me. He said I had to do something for him: I had to tell two people about Breakaway. I told him I would do him one better than that. So I put this on my blog! (Surely there are at least two people reading this blog....)

No comments: