Friday, February 15, 2008

Finally Friday!

It's Friday. And that means two things.

First - today is a rest day. WAH-HOO!!

Second - tomorrow is the long group run. On Fridays I'm excited and scared and nervous all at the same time. I do, kind of, look forward to doing it. To attempt it. Wondering if I can do it. But then I get nervous about it. Because what if I can't do it. What if my legs start hurting real bad. Or what if I'm the last one to finish. What if the walkers beat me!?!? I know it's not a race. But I'm sooooo not fast. What if it takes three hours? (It will probably take a little under 2 hours said the turtle.)

Our distance for tomorrow is 7 miles. SEVEN MILES. Yikers. George says he thinks we will run from the Visitor's Center at Shelby Farms to the Shell station at Germantown Road and Walnut Bend. Oh - but how will we get back to our cars?! He informs me that's about 3.5 miles. So we have to run back..... Hmmmmm.

I think it's a lot more intimidating when you can actually put specific locations on the distance. For some reason, the thought of running 7 miles on a trail at Shelby Farms isn't nearly as frightening as running to the Shell station and back. To gain further perspective, I looked up some distances on Mapquest. Seven miles is also from Poplar and Germantown Road to Poplar and Goodlett. Or from my house to Wolfchase Mall. Maybe I shouldn't have looked that up.

The good thing is they have taken the precip (including the frozen kind) out of the forecast. Ron Childers tells me that tomorrow morning should be cloudy and about 42 degrees. That's good news.

Progress made:
My fundraising total is now $1,701!

Need to work on:
Buy some Power Bar gel and get used to consuming that delicious stuff.
Do my stretches more than twice a day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll wave at you as I go down Germantown Rd going to Jordan's volley ball game. Or do you want me to pick you up if you are laying on the side of the road.
ha

Anonymous said...

Yeah, call me from your cell if you want me to pick you up at the Shell. I think they sell Krispy Kremes there...much yummier way to replace those glycogen stores than "Gu"...

Anonymous said...

You girls are so funny!