Thursday, February 28, 2008

Let's Talk Tigers

I only caught the last half of the game on TV last night since we didn't get home from church until 8:30 pm. Seems like I missed the best half. The Tigers won - yea! - but definitely got outplayed in the second half.

A few thoughts.....

What was up with Joey Dorsey's hair?!?! Anne said he was "giving it the old Ben Wallace look" last night. Connie said it reminded her of Keith Lee (remember him?) .....Well, whatever it was, it didn't work because he scored ZERO points. Zip. Nada. Nil. None. If he doesn't get his act together, he'll have plenty of time to work on some new hairstyles - WHILE HE'S ON THE BENCH!

The bench outscored the starters: 43 to 39.

Tigers were 13 of 25 from the three-point range.

Cool picture here of Derrick Rose. (If you look close, you'll see the Campbell Clinic sign on the left. If you look *real* close, you'll see the other smaller Campbell Clinic sign on the right!)

GO TIGERS!

I didn't attempt any running, walking or general movement this morning. To be honest, when the alarm went off at 4:00, I reset it for 5:00 and went right back to sleep. That is really not my nature, but my bed was so cozy and I was just convinced I needed an extra hour of sleep today. Of course, now I feel guilty about that decision, especially since I'm trying to make up some miles and get back with it. So, I'm going to do some new stretches tonight.

Nanette led a strengthening and conditioning clinic the other night that I couldn't attend, so George brought me the handouts. He said she stressed the importance of a "strong core" and how that really affects the way that you run (pace, mechanics, endurance, etc). It's really interesting how all the body's biomechanics work together to just R-U-N. Thus, the importance of cross-training. I'll give those new exercises a shot tonight. I also bought some stability ball workout DVDs. I'm anxious to give those a try too real soon.

My legs are feeling so much better than they were this time last week. I am very encouraged and really ready to start back with the training.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Core strength is useful for lots of things. You could bring your stability ball to work and use it as your desk chair. You would be surprised.

Love Derrick Rose...he seems so intense and class-act.

Only in 2008 would I be sitting on my computer, think I hear rain outside, but instead of taking 2 steps to the window to see, I hit the WeatherBug button and wait for the radar to download....whatever!(there blue and green...yes, it is raining!)