Monday, April 14, 2008

You've come a long way baby!



My 'biggest baby' turns 11 today...hard to believe. Happy Birthday Jordan!

On the ITB front, I am still noticing some slight pain. Nothing compared to last week. So there is improvement there. I read a bit about it over the weekend. I felt slightly justified to find that this problem affects ALL runners, not just newbies. (The shin splints most often hits newer runners.) And, like any overuse injury, the best way to allow this to heal is REST. Obviously the time off this weekend helped. I had contemplated giving it a shot this morning - with maybe a little walking. But thought one more day would do me good. We'll see how tomorrow goes. In the meantime more stretching and foam rolling. Advil and ice. In case you are wondering, this stretch is one of the best ones for the IT Band. Cross your good leg over your bad leg, then lean
toward your good side. You can feel the stretch all the way up your thigh into your hip. I've been doing it a lot. Thought I'd better share a picture of it so everybody knows why I've been tilting. I'm not singing I'm a Little Teapot.....


No comments: