Monday, April 7, 2008

T-I-G-E-R-S!!!



Today is the day. The Tigers are playing for the National Championship. I'm starting to get a stomach ache. I'll be puking by 8pm.... GO TIGERS! There are some great articles today. I continue to be amused by the national reporters who are "just" discovering the Tigers. Since there are only two teams remaining, the press has less to look at, so they are looking at us. A local CA reporter said "It's as if the entire world is starting to realize what Memphians have known all along." That's right!!! Tiger. Basketball. Enough said. GO TIGERS!!!

Yes, I was supposed to run 3 miles this morning. No, I didn't do it. I didn't even walk. I was still having some soreness in my knee. So I did my pilates dvd to just stretch. I'm feeling much better now. No guilt this morning. I listened to my body and did what I needed to do. Man it takes me awhile to recover from these long runs. *BUT*, I feel loads better today after 15 than I did after the half marathon. Glad for that. That's got to be some kind of overall improvement.

The good news is that even though my knee is hurting, it's my 'good' knee. So now, my 'good' knee is now my 'bad' knee. That means that the brace that I put on my 'bad' knee worked. So now, my 'bad' knee is now my 'good' knee. Follow that? I was trying to explain this to Anne & George this morning and it got very confusing. Long and short is that I am picking up another brace and I'll just wear two. Because obviously it worked. Good.

I was talking to Jodi last night about how I just wanted to run and then ache. Rather than run and then hurt. You know that 'good ache'. The "oh I excercised ache". Not the "oh I can't even walk hurt". He said that (1) I've never done this amount of running and activity before. And now, in 2 1/2 months, I've run over 130 miles. and (2) The pain I'm experiencing now in the 'new bad' knee is FIXABLE. It's not like my earlier shin splints which just had to work itself out. So maybe soon, I'll be able to run and then just be sore and ache. Funny that I'm *wanting* to ache and be sore.

It's a good day. Everybody is buzzing with Tiger Fever! GO TIGERS!!!


No comments: