Friday, April 4, 2008

Tiger Fever

So much for sleeping in on my rest day. I've been awake since about 3:30 am when the storms rolled in....AGAIN..... Good grief. I'm starting to feel like a duck. Quack. No end in sight today. But Ron Childers assured me yesterday "It’s going to be dry Sat AM but chilly. Temps will be in the upper forties to near fifty."


I am contemplating finding a knee brace to try tomorrow. I'm wondering if some support will keep the IT band from flaring up. My knee is my main concern for tomorrow's 15 mile run. I think I can handle the distance. I know I can trudge along. But I want my knee to hold out. I am a bit afraid of the recovery too. Only because I know how *awful* those first few days were after the half marathon. And this is 2 miles farther....UGH. I need to keep those thoughts out of my head. I am DETERMINED to go the distance tomorrow. I WANT TO DO THIS. I'm just going to break it down into small pieces like George said. I can do that.


Oh...speaking of GOING THE DISTANCE!!! GO TIGERS!!!! I'm getting very excited and nervous about the game. Tomorrow is 40 minutes of YEAH BABEEEE!!! GO TIGERS!!

No comments: