Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Good intentions

Not a great run this morning. I got in about 1.5 miles and then my legs started tightening up and my knee was feeling a bit weird. So, I headed home and stretched for 30 minutes. I really think it's because it is first thing in the morning and just hard for my legs to get moving immediately. I do stretch them out before (and during) my run. But sometimes, they are just not cooperative. I refuse to get bummed out about this morning's attempt.

Temp was 45 altho it felt quite a bit colder. Wind was a challenge too. I had put on some layers and even dug out my winter running hat. Weird since I ran Monday in shorts and a t-shirt.

Saw a police officer driving through the neighborhood. Just a little friendly early morning patrol. Guess he didn't mistake me for a home invader since he kept driving.

Interesting fact about this weekend's Final Four:
Pick a shade, any shade. Carolina blue, or Kansas blue? UCLA blue, or Memphis blue? (Relax, Tiger fans: At least nobody will be wearing orange.)

GO TIGERS!

And, it's baseball time. Yesterday was opening day (actually delayed a day for rain) for the Yankees and my boyfriend Derek Jeter. He went 1 for 4. Glad the season has started and he'll be making regular appearances again on ESPN. I heart him.

No comments: