Monday, April 21, 2008

The Boston Marathon


These folks are serious runners. The men's winner finished in 2:07:46. That is 26.2 miles. In the relatively same time it took me to crawl my 8 miles. These people are fast. Beyond fast. They are just downright speedy. The women's race was apparently very exciting. It was the closest women's finish in race history with the Ethiopian beating the Russian by 2 seconds. Winning time was 2:25:25. They are the best of the best. Wow.


There were over 25,000 runners.



Enjoyed keeping up with George & Debby's progress online. They both finished with very respectable times. Yea for them!!! I'm just so totally impressed.



It's kind of exciting watching these elite runners do their thing. I'll never be one of those people; nor do I aspire to be. But watching this today sure has made me excited about my marathon challenge!! Only 6 more weeks!!!

No comments: