Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Everything hurts



It's hard to run with a sore IT band. And a broken heart. I am sad beyond words today. What a heartbreaker it was last night. I can hardly bear to read any of the news today as I just don't want to hear it. Nor do I want to relive it. It was just awful. Sad. Sad. Sad. They left it all on the court for sure. Just need to focus on the great year the Tigers had - what a great ride it was. They are a special team that's for sure. The whole city seems deflated today. As sad as we are, think of the heartbreak it is for those boys - that's what makes me really sad. Regardless of last night's loss, this Memphis team is the first team in NCAA history to achieve 38 wins in a season. That's nothing to sneeze at. It was a great year. What a great team they are! I'm so proud of them. Go Tigers!!!


The ad at the top of this post is one that I ran in today's Commercial Appeal. Isn't it fabulous? I'm pleased with the way it turned out. (Yea for my design guys at Combustion - you rock!) In case you can't read the fine print, it says "Campbell Clinic is proud to be the official sports medicine physicians for the University of Memphis. We are honored to treat the Tigers and we congratulate them on a great year." Just a shameless plug here for good ol' Campbell Clinic.

As exhausted as I was this morning, I got up at the regularly scheduled 4am. It's supposed to rain in the morning, so I took advantage of the pleasant 65 degrees today and headed outside. My knee is still making his unhappiness known, so I just walked most of my miles. A few attempts at running, but that did not go over well with the old knee. So I walked. After about 2 miles, my knee was *not* happy at all, so I headed home for some ice and stretches. It's bothering me a bit today, but it will be better soon I'm sure. The goal remains "continuous movement" - which I accomplished.


On top of the Tigers loss, my boyfriend Derek Jeter has a strained left quad and came out of yesterday's game. Hope he doesn't go on the DL.


Tomorrow is another day...

No comments: