Sunday, April 13, 2008

New day...New week

The good news is that I am walking today with only a twinge of pain. Almost no (noticeable) limp. So, I feel I am on the road to better knees. I have iced and stretched and used the foam roller all weekend. The rest yesterday did me good. I even took at nap. Yes, a nap. In the middle of the day. In. The. Bed.

Thanks to Tom who sent me the info on this cool show on PBS.
"NOVA: Marathon Challenge" . A brief description on the show: How do you run 26.2 miles if you have trouble making it around theblock? With good coaching, discipline, and lots of group support, asNOVA shows when it follows 13 normally sedentary people through atraining regimen designed to prepare them for an ultimate test of stamina and endurance..."MarathonChallenge" takes viewers on a unique adventure inside the human body,tracking the physiological changes that exercise can bring about.

The show is scheduled to run a few times locally next week, but you can watch the segments on line. I did that yesterday and really enjoyed it. I can totally relate to these people. They, however, are training for 40 weeks (vs. my 20). And, they are running the Boston Marathon which they say is one of the toughest courses around. Anyway, if you are interested, I recommend taking a look at it. (They actually have it broken down in chapters that are about 10 minutes each so you could watch as time permits.)

I am anxious to see what the week brings for me in terms of running...walking....just moving!

No comments: