Thursday, January 31, 2008

Miscellaneous musings on January 31

My dad died a year ago today. It's been the toughest year of my life. I think about him and his life and his death every day. I miss him a lot. Thanks again to you all who are supporting me in this marathon quest. I'm really only doing it for him. And to raise money to fund research to find a cure for leukemia and other blood cancers. I. Hate. Cancer.

Today I returned to my beloved treadmill for my three miles. Our weather was a bit iffy this morning and I didn't know what condition the streets were in. Also, I thought a 'kinder, gentler' surface would be better for my shins. They were better today. Still some discomfort. I'm getting them checked out tomorrow. I'm hoping the problem will be solved with some new shoes. A little more ice and some advil after my run and now I'm good to go.

And then there was one! GO TIGERS! Kansas got beat last night, so we are the only unbeaten team in the country. Tigers looked GREAT last night against those scrappy Houston Cougars. GO TIGERS GO!!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Angie - we are SO VERY PROUD of you. We know that you CAN do this and WILL do this.
Yes - this has been a Very Long year and we also Miss Wayne Very much.
Hang in there - We Love You.
Uncle Neil & Aunt Lois