Thursday, January 24, 2008

I'm excited!

Went to the TNT kick-off tonight. Sadly, didn't meet Nicole. Didn't meet anybody else on the San Diego team, although George said the count is now up to EIGHT! Good to hear. I can kind of get lost in a crowd eight maybe.... I did meet our mentor Julie. Not sure what that means really. But I think she is running San Diego too. Or at least going. Probably running.

There were some people there who had done marathons before. And there were some people just like me. Some 'jogger-walker' people.

We picked up our training schedule. This Saturday says "3". I was hopeful that this was THREE MINUTES, but George quickly said it was MILES. Too bad. The training schedule is two pages. The last run at the bottom of page one is April 5 and is 15 miles. I was scared to turn to page two...

I left there very excited. Tonight this whole marathon thing seems very doable.

No comments: