Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Small Victory

Finally did it. I ran outside this morning! Small victory for me! I wisely did NOT check the temperature before I went out.

I had laid all my clothes out last night - Under Armour tights, shorts, mock turtle Under Armour shirt, thin long sleeve tshirt, sweatshirt, gloves and hat. So I put everything on this morning - felt like I was a kid getting ready to go play in the snow - grabbed my iPod and headed out.

It really wasn't that bad. My face got a bit cold. I could feel myself quickly warming up. Maybe with time I will be able to appropriately layer. Guess you eventually figure that out. Parts of me got hot, but parts of me were cold. Gloves and hat were key.

Found out when I got back inside that it was 28.

And actually, it was a very good run. I had worked on a good cardio mix for my iPod (thanks for the great Christmas gift Jodi!) so that helped a lot. Me and Gwen Stefani at 4:15am....

I feel real good about today's accomplishment.

Progress made:
Ran outside - woo hoo!
Printed all my fundraising letters. Actually have given out two....

Need to work on:
Appropriate layering
Keeping steady pace running outside. Treadmill makes that easy.

Lessons learned:
Get iPod set before I put gloves on.

1 comment:

con said...

Good for you !!! I am so proud of your determination. I bet you looked cute in your outdoor gear...better get that settled before Saturday!!