Sunday, January 27, 2008

The week ahead

Realized late yesterday that I've got to do the whole long run thing again this Saturday. And the next, and the next, and the next.....

On the training schedule for this week:
  • Sunday - cross train (I worked with Polly Pilates this morning before church. Felt good to stretch.)
  • Monday - 3 miles
  • Tuesday - rest
  • Wednesday - 3 miles
  • Thursday - 3 miles
  • Friday - rest
  • Saturday - 4 miles - group run
Am trying to figure out how I will manage the long weekly runs since my time frame is very limited. I don't mind getting up at 4am, but once the miles start getting larger, I can't be getting up at 2am...... Maybe my pace will be a bit faster by then and it won't take as long. I'm sure it will all work out.

Progress made:
Got out of bed and was able to walk.

Need to work on:
Develop a 3-5 mile route that will keep me in my neighborhood since I'll be doing this at 4am. Just need to be safety conscious. I'm not fast enough to outrun anybody yet. Then again, who is out at 4am....

No comments: