Saturday, June 7, 2008

He's proud of his peeps!

A congrats email from George this week:

Dear Rock n Roll Marathoners:

My heartiest congratulations for everyone participating and FINISHING the San Diego Rock n Roll Half or Full Marathon!

I know the huge sacrifices you and your families have made since January in training for this event, as well as the tremendous effort required to raise the funding required, and surpass it. But you all DID IT!

I am so honored and proud to have been a part of this process, and to think that many of you went from 0.0 to 26.2 (or 13.1) in a matter of 19 weeks is a phenomenal accomplishment! And from $0 to $4,000+ WOW! I suspect all of you had your share of both supporters and doubters all the while, but you have proven the supporters right and the doubters wrong. Me, I never had any doubt that each of you would stick it out and cross the finish line upright!

I hope all of you are taking that well deserved rest break, eating all the rewarding foods, and nursing any lingering maladies. I saw some attractive blisters on some, and perhaps for the really "special folks" maybe there are a few black toenails or missing toenails by now . . . the price of a TNT marathon warrior!

And certainly I would be remiss if I failed to acknowledge and thank the mentors who were instrumental in this program - without them taking charge in a hundred ways, and covering my absences, none of this would have happened.

Thank you again for the opportunity to coach - it's been a rich and rewarding experience for me and will be cherished for years to come.

George

No comments: